My Ed Therapist
We are currently hiring for the following positions:
EDUCATIONAL THERAPIST/LEARNING SPECIALIST
THE POSITION OVERVIEW
As a certified Educational Therapist, your role is to change the academic lives and trajectory for struggling learners. Your function is to provide ongoing support, strategies, and remediation to students in our practice. The goal of this position is to carry a dynamic caseload with a high level of clinician autonomy and flexibility.
You would coordinate with classroom teachers, allied professionals, and parents to transform the lives of the learner and their families.
This is a part-time position. While our ideal candidate would be a certified educational therapist, we are open to the right candidate and want to meet you! If you are a teacher, learning specialist, special education professional, or student educational therapist looking to earn extra income in the afternoons and weekends, we welcome you! Additionally, if you are looking to make a career transition that is lucrative and incredibly rewarding as you watch the individualized journey of your client, this position may be for you!
We are currently looking for someone who specializes in executive functioning and upper level curriculum (Algebra, Chemistry, Pre-Calc, etc.)
NOTE: We are hiring a superstar that is excited to put their full focus into this position. If you have a business of your own that you plan to continue to grow, please do not apply. However, if you are tired of the grind of building your own practice and just want to “do incredible work” with clients, please do apply!
We are seeking fun, collaborative, dynamic, and detail-oriented individuals who are energized by providing top-notch service and support to learners and their families. You’ll be encouraged to be resourceful, communicative, and enjoy leading students toward a higher degree of independence and autonomy.
If you live in California and are looking to utilize your superior educational skills and talents to contribute to the premier and professional experience we offer, we invite you to apply.
You must be available to work afternoons, evenings, and weekends in-person or on zoom at least 10 hours per week with the opportunity to increase your workload. Sessions can occur on zoom, in-home or in our Redondo Beach office, or Palos Verdes office based on your discretion and office availability.
This is a unique opportunity to directly impact the lives of students.
WHAT WE DO
My Ed Therapist primarily serves all types of learners including those with ADHD, executive functioning weaknesses, anxiety, behind in reading, and processing disorders. We also specialize in reading, math, and writing remediation which are weaknesses often present in students who struggle with executive functioning.
We lead a collaborative experience for our clients through teamwork and communication with the client’s “team” (the learner, parents, teachers, psychiatrists, psychologists, learning specialists, etc.). Through our high-level expertise and empathy, we guide clients through the different phases of educational therapy.
Our ultimate goal in our practice is for our clients to be independent and autonomous learners--and no longer need educational therapy!
WORK WITH AMAZING PEOPLE
Stephanie Pitts, CEO, and Founder of My Ed Therapist, has been an Educational Therapist (ET/P) in private practice since February 2016. She is also the co-founder and co-host of Learn Smarter: the Educational Therapy podcast. The podcast was launched in May 2018 to increase awareness about educational therapy and to provide strategies and solutions to parents who may not have access to educational therapy. Stephanie loves her clients’ educational therapy journeys and she celebrates every small victory.
Stephanie loves to travel and has been to 30 countries but wants to see more. She loves her two dachshunds and living by the beach. Her game collection in her office is something she prides herself on.
The My Ed Therapist team is a group of phenomenal educators who support each other on a regular basis. We are a group of constant learners who reach out with questions as well as offer suggestions to our fellow team members. Monthly team meetings and yearly retreats reinforce the My Ed Therapist collaborative culture.
My Ed Therapist makes it a point to only work with the loveliest and warmest clients and families. We expect a healthy, emotionally safe, and enjoyable work environment. The clients we welcome into the practice contribute to this experience.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Be a part of something bigger than yourself, and join us in making a positive impact on the lives of struggling learners.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a high level of skill and discretion that is second to none. You possess a “sixth sense” that allows you to be two steps ahead of learners and their families. You will have experience communicating with parents and teachers and will possess a strong desire to individualize the learning experience of each client.
You will be able to provide individualized academic support and enrich the lives of our clients through focused and intentional actions.
You are adept at working effectively with a wide variety of people inside and outside the organization, acting as an extension of the My Ed Therapist brand.
If you have a strong sense of professionalism, proven and concise communication, attention to detail, and are looking for a rewarding career as an Educational Therapist or Learning Specialist (who perhaps desires to become an Educational Therapist), we would be very interested in speaking with you!
WE WANT TO MEET YOU BECAUSE YOU ARE...
- Passionate about supporting students who are struggling in their academic environment
- Willing to work with clients in-home and in the office setting
- Knowledgeable about creating memorable experiences with children
- Collaborative, flexible, FUN, and are comfortable with a team-oriented approach
- An educational therapist ready to join us and witness the transformation of our clients
- Trustworthy, competent, and can be counted on to safeguard the confidentiality of both our business and our clients
- Computer literate and comfortable with technology
- Tired of working in an isolated private practice or school environment that limits your ability to make a large impact
- Possess great communication skills and know-how that respect the struggles of our clients
- Looking to focus on educational therapy and remediation, and are not pursuing your own business
- Provide remediation to struggling learners through games, academic support, creative thinking, and curriculum development
- Provide informal developmental assessments to establish appropriate treatment programs and track the child’s progress
- Provide parents with education and feedback to teach specific strategies, and develop home exercise programs to target specific academic or psychoeducational goals
- Participate in multi-disciplinary team meetings as necessary
- Provide consultation services to parents/caregivers, ABA specialists, teachers, and other therapists regarding client progress and recommendations
- Define goals for each client and provide frequent feedback and updates to the family
- Expected documentation includes daily session notes
- Complete administrative responsibilities such as scheduling case management activities, session planning, and submitting billing documentation.
- Minimal housekeeping and bringing the work environment back to base
- Commit to 10 hours per week of client intervention
A TYPICAL DAY MAY LOOK LIKE
- Seeing clients in the afterschool hours and days of your choosing
- Building upon proven methods with your new and original perspective
- Scheduling consistent weekly sessions
- Intake calls with potential new clients
- Timely follow-up on e-mails and phone calls
- Documentation of individual client sessions
- Driving to client’s home and/or to the office (if in-person and local)
- Office environment that is collaborative, open, and interactive
EXPERIENCE WITH THE FOLLOWING TOOLS REQUIRED:
GSuite, Google Calendar, Google Docs, Google Spreadsheets, Zoom
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
We are a family who truly loves working with one another. We are looking to onboard someone who wants to collaborate and be part of the incredible impact we are having on students and their families.
We hire grown-ups and we will treat you like one. You will be expected to take responsibility for yourself; we do not micromanage.
We are building a team of professional, competent, and highly engaging educators whose goal is to impact the lives of learners and their families. We are an equal opportunity employer.
HOW TO APPLY
Note: If you have a business of your own that you plan to continue to grow, please do not apply. This part-time role and we are looking for a superstar that is excited to put their focus into this position.
This is a remote position that requires the candidate to live in California.
While our intention is to hire a certified educational therapist, outstanding learning specialists and tutors will be considered.
If you would like to be considered for the position, please submit your resume and references to Cory Zacker at email@example.com using the following subject line: Learning is fun!!_Your Full Name
Substitute your first and last name for “Your Full Name” and the exact punctuation included above.